Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit new to any sort of networking proficiency, so I could use a bit of help in my long tale...

I live out in Southern Virginia, where I can't get traditional broadband services, so I've been making due with Verizon's Mobile Broadband service. Problem is, it's expensive and has a 5GB cap per month. I read about powerline networking and thought it sounded good, so I bought all the adapters and a router. Problem is, I didn't have the prior knowledge to realize I also needed a modem as well. Now could anyone tell me how or if I'd be able to set up any sort of modem in my home, considering services like Verizon can't reach me?

So in short, I need a bit of help setting up some sort of modem in my home.

·
Premium Member
8,370 Posts
powerline networking - is moving the network signal around the house wiring rather than use wireless or cables to the router - it does not provide anytype of broadband service
you will still have to use the mobile service - so i'm not sure that has added any value to your problem

I'm assuming you where hoping to replace the mobile service.

·
Premium Member
8,370 Posts
your welcome - if theres nothing else we can help you with

You can mark the thread solved - from the dropdown " thread tools" at the top of the page - choose "Mark Solved"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.