Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all
i'm new here.. and have an important question.. probibly like everyone else.. so anywho...
i recently bought an external dvd writer and using a g4 powerbook....oh yes.. and also using Toast 6... the problem i'm haveing is that when i burn a DVD data cd in Toast the writer drive will recognize the dvd when complete it and "mount" it to the desktop... but when i put the dvd data cd in the powerbook dvd/cd drive (which is a dvd reader and cd writer) it doens't read it and gives me an error saying "You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that mac OS x can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore"... and then when i do that nothing happens and no disk comes up..

i don't know if i'ts important info but i am using DVD+R disks and i am using the option of PC&Mac ability in Toast 6..

so i guess the question is how can i make dvd's (data) that will show up as a dvd when i put the disk into my computer and NOT the external writer?

should i try another program to burn?

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Richard

·
Registered
83 Posts
can you read the DVD through the external burner? cause I've read about problem with combo drives and DVD+R media... the software is ok...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeppers

Yes i can read the DVD+R data cd in the external only.. but it mounts it onto the desktop... which is unusual becuase usually when i put in a cd it shows a little cd icon.. not a mounting icon..

i have yet to try to burn a DVD-R to test. thanks for the help. i'll let you know what happens..

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.