Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hooked my pc up after I took it w/ me to work becuase I though I was going to a lan tonight. But when I came home and plugged it back. I noticed the power supply box light was blinking. And it wont turn on. No power or what so ever. I need help BADLY

Thanks

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Have you opened case to make sure all connections are secure? Something may have come loose while you were transporting it. Give us more info about your computer (e.g. make and model, cpu, ram, name of psu, etc.)

·
1,438 Posts
modemthug said:
So I hooked my pc up after I took it w/ me to work becuase I though I was going to a lan tonight. But when I came home and plugged it back. I noticed the power supply box light was blinking. And it wont turn on. No power or what so ever. I need help BADLY

Thanks
The most common cause of this when you have moved a PC is that the weight of the Heatsink / fan combination in combination with the adhesive effect of thermal tape or dried paste caused them to tug on the processor when you hit a bump and it is no longer securly seated in the socket.

Some times just pressing down on them gently will solve the problem; but more often you need to remove the heatsink/ fan combination and then raise the zero insertion force lock down lever on the CPU socket, gently press the CPU back in place and lock it down , apply fresh thermal paste if needed and resecure the fan.

Of course as noted, it could be a problem with one of the main power cables coming loose or even the switch to motherboard cable.
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm
Has instructions on removing and applying thermal compound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.