Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, bit of a newb here, right the other day my power supply broke an today i got its replacement. Installed it and now it boots the bios but the hard drive does not kick in. I have download the diagnostics tool from western digitals website and all it said was "Drive not found" even though the thing was plugged in and spinning. I also tried my windows xp disc which also coudnt detect a drive. Im guessing the hard drive is dead but is there any way i can get data from it? :sayno:
thanks for your time

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf

probably not, but i would slave it to a different drive, [move the jumper to slave ] and check through your windows explorer.

but also make sure the connecter is right in the drive, check for any bent pins.

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
HAHA! cant believe it, got it working! wasnt broken at all! I setup my old hard drive and was about to put in new one as slave and i checked to see what jumper setting was needed, so went to this site and saw that the my drive was set up a dual master and not the standard install. So i took pin out and booted and it worked! So i have all my stuff back :tongue: but i dont quite know how that worked because ive never moved the pins before, but i dont really care as long as it works. yay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.