Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help my mother fix her system. She did something that will not allow the monitor to come on. Computer boots up, but the power on the monitor blinks green. Have checked all cables and connections. It almost seems like a power management thing. Any ideas?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
It is possible that the VId card has gone bad or the monitor has gone bad. Take a known good monitor and hook it up to the system if it boots then you have a bad monitor. If it stay black probably a bad vid card.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Der right on...and if the monitor is bad junk it cause they aint repairable...check for bent or broke pins as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. And guess what? My mother let the computer sit for a day and the monitor seems to be working fine....Does go blank once and awhile....

S

·
0 Posts
It must be one of those summertime monitors.

Summertime shesa work and summertime shesa no work....LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too funny!!!! Thank goodness it is working. Try teaching a 64 yr old, cranky mother the computer!!! lol

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
INVEST in a year round monitor 15" $175....17" ...$200

and keep an eye for video card problems!!!

S

·
0 Posts
I just bought a 17" from Bestbuy for $89.00 after a thirty dollar rebate.

So if you shop around you can get a deal....:D

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
I have a monitor like that in my closet now. It would work fine but if you left it sit with out doing something with if for sometimes only 1 minute it would go in to black screen and was almost like sleep mode and would not come back for ten + minutes. Sometime it would even do this when you were typing. Messed up huh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.