Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Tonight I plugged my Sony Vaio laptop into the mains in another room, where it worked as normal. When I removed the laptop from the room, it proceeded to turn off.

Now, the laptop will not turn on unless connected to a mains power supply and the battery life is stuck at 0%.

Any ideas? They would be much appreciated.

Phil.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well to state the obvious it sounds like the battery has given up the ghost, how old is it ?
And had you noticed more frequent charging lately ?
Had you properly conditioned the battery ?
Did you drop\jog it while moving it recently ?

About the only thing to try I can instantly think of is leave it on charge for several hours and see if it manages to hold the charge, I strongly suggest doing this while your next to it while watching tv say, it's just a safety measure (albeit taken to the extreme) because there may be a possible risk of fire if there has been something go wrong inside that we aren't aware of at this stage.

Also just thought, have you checked it isn't one of the dodgy battery's that are being recalled ? the makers site should have a link to show how to check, I suggest making that the first thing you check becasuse the battery's being recalled are catching fire and can explode, so if you don't know check it out ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.