Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My situation is uncommon and quite uniquie. One day my curiosity got the best of me and I installed "Virtua Girl". I got rid of the program shortly after and its been several months I belive since its been on my computer. But then when managing my toolbar I came across this: (Please consult attached image).

There is no way at all to right click on this "Virtua Girl" tab, and the only manipulating forces i have over it is to select when I want its shortcut icon to appear. Please note that this program has been deleted and does not remain on my system. I did a full C:/ search for "Virtua" - nothing came up either.

Baisically the picture shows
Step 1: Right Click on task bar and chose properties.

Step 2: Click Customize on Taskbar Tab in Notification Area box.

Step 3: Custimize Notifications window pops up, the Virtua Girl selection is under the "Past Items" section, i need to scroll down.

Step4: Is the actual item i need removed.

Any help to rid my computer of this menace would be extrmeley appreciated, and the sooner the better.

Best Regards,
Radek

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Have you tried combing through the registry? Or what about restoring from before you install virtualgirl?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never edited my registry before, nor do I know how, and rolling back a possible 4-5 months is not a possibily. Could you possible locate where these files are in the registry and tell me how to delete them?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Start->Run->regedit

Then do: Edit->Find

Look for variations on the word "virtualgirl".

Note: YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE YOU EDIT IT

No, I don't know how to exactly, just read the help about backing up the registry. Or possibly make an XP system restore point before you go messing with the registry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.