Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Python development
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ISP reached out to me saying that they believe some device on my network is issuing port scans. They couldn't tell me anything other than:
  • the date of the instance (there has been more than one)
  • the port that was scanned (they had provided more than one, 2933 and 40473 were among them)
  • the source IP of the scan, which is my public IP
  • that it was done via UDP
I tried contacting them for more assistance but that was all they were able to give me. So, I now have to detect what's causing this so-called bad behavior and correct it. I don't know which device is causing it and there are many devices on the network: personal computers, work computers, TVs, phones, etc. I'm going to assume for the sake of this post that it is my personal computer and provide the associated information for my computer.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what could be port scanning. My ISP was not helpful in giving me enough information to diagnose the issue, UDP traffic on a random port could be legitimate traffic. They didn't give me very many instances of anything and they were spread out throughout many weeks/months.

·
Registered
Python development
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,113 Posts
Sorry your topic has not been replied to before now, personal issues have meant that I have not been available to reply to topics in this forum.

If you still need your computer checking for malware please run a new scan with FRST and post the new logs created.

If not please let me know so that I can close this topic.

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,113 Posts
As you have not replied to my previous post I will assume you no longer need help and will close this topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.