Tech Support banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,069 Posts
What the heck....why are they posting sideways.

:confused: Maybe this is one of the 'deficiencies' in the current forum software in the list of reasons for the upcoming change.

I fixed it anyhow.

Nice setup you have there. :thumb: At first glance, I mistook your tower for some kind of fancy amp! :lol:

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,451 Posts
Even the chair looks new. :thumb:

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,463 Posts
Even the chair looks new. :thumb:
Yes sir. Everything you see in those pics are new. I resurrected my old Intel build due to Covid-19....mobo's and PSU are very scarce and when they are in stock they're 2 to 3 times regular price. The only thing that has not be replaced it the RAM and CPU

So I opted to go with the aesthetics and creature comforts of a new Gaming/Office area. I did this purposely while I can still see. My eye sight is rapidly deteriorating than expected.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
Enjoy Jimbo looks great!

Reactions: bassfisher6522

·
2,463 Posts
My first mid tower. If I had to do it all over again, I would. This mid tower is on the small side. Everything in there is so compact and tight. I would liked to have a bit more room...maybe an inch and a half on all dimensions.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,451 Posts
I went too far the other way. My Corsair case is too wide for the intended slot at the bottom of my computer desk. As a result, my computer sits on the top of the desk.

·
14,557 Posts
My first mid tower. If I had to do it all over again, I would. This mid tower is on the small side. Everything in there is so compact and tight. I would liked to have a bit more room...maybe an inch and a half on all dimensions.
That's why I have taken to using only micro boards these days with mid-size towers. We don't really need the ATX boards anymore because we don't add much to systems these days. And that way the system can breathe and IO have more room inside mid size towers.

·
2,463 Posts
That's why I have taken to using only micro boards these days with mid-size towers. We don't really need the ATX boards anymore because we don't add much to systems these days. And that way the system can breathe and IO have more room inside mid size towers.
Why didn't I think of that.

You know it's the most simple answers that goes right by/over us. That totally makes sense. I'll start looking at micro boards for my AMD retro fit in the near future.

·
14,557 Posts
Why didn't I think of that.

You know it's the most simple answers that goes right by/over us. That totally makes sense. I'll start looking at micro boards for my AMD retro fit in the near future.
Hey Jimbo that is the beauty of forums because we can share thoughts and ideas and grow. I started doing that a few years ago when I was looking at better flow of air in systems and also how to better accommodate these ever growing video cards. But over the years here I have picked up invaluable software programs and hardware ideas.

Reactions: bassfisher6522

·
288 Posts
Nice Rig Ash! I like the simplicity of the build and I like the LED lighting. Not a huge fan of RGB. I see what looks like an MSI GPU and some Corsair ram but what are your build specs?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks! Here are my specs:

UserBenchmarks: Game 55%, Desk 89%, Work 76%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 88.7%
GPU: AMD RX 570 - 51.7%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB - 119.6%
HDD: Seagate ST3500312CS 500GB - 50.4%
HDD: Seagate ST3500312CS 500GB - 47.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 88.5%
MBD: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU: Corsair VS550 550 W Active PFC 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply Unit - Black

·
Registered
51 Posts
My PC I just finished building last night. Specs are as follows ( and I chose not to use RGB as I sleep in the same room as my PC so I want as little of that as possible ) . Thanks to the great people on this site.

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (Wi-Fi) ( Are you a human? )
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz ( AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000031BOX Desktop Processor - Newegg.com )
GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT DirectX 12 ( Are you a human? )
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-550, 550W 80+ Gold ( Are you a human? )
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB ( G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVGB - Newegg.com )
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Black ATX ( Fractal Design Meshify C Black ATX High-Airflow Compact Dark Tint Tempered Glass Window Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com )
SSD: 2x Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB ( 2X Are you a human? )

Attachments

221 - 238 of 238 Posts