Tech Support banner

181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Werebo, I like that den you have there, looks very homely, but how do you manage to fit your legs under the desk?
I can't get my back paws completely under the desk, the centre-tray sticks out too far when it's slid out and blocks the chair-armrests ( the tray's too narrow for the keyboard to sit on so mouse only, plus ashtray, writing-area, dinner-tray etc. :grin:), my knees are just inside the cubby-hole :thumb:

Although it's an excellent computing desk that was assembled in '97/'98 (it came in '2x box flat-pack' configuration :lol:), it's too heavy to move, even when the drawers/cupboards are emptied (hence the 'reluctance' to crawl underneath to sort and tidy the cables). Having previously discovered the pitfalls of moving chipboard furniture, I went slightly overboard when assembling this desk, so every single screw, dowel and fixing is also glued in, just to make sure it doesn't fall apart, ever! - I forgot about needing to move the beastie :lol:

Oh, the printer is sat on 2 shallow boxes cos the top of the hutch has a backstop panel, to stop things sliding off the back. This panel now gets in the way of the cables to the printer and router, hence the 2 trays. The modem/router sits on the 2Tb cloud storage box to clear it's cables too, the 'TSF' slip under the printer is to remind Mrs WereBo....... :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Kinda cool spotting odd-ball things you have like that in someone else's pictures.

I'm in construction (new/remodel/repair) and I'm in hundreds of different houses and apartments a year, I always found it interesting that aside from televisions and computers, you seldom see the same furniture and decorations in different houses.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
"Back Paws" hehe

I must say I do like the 'Lived in' look that computer rooms, dens and (according to my ex) 'hovels' often have. Its nice to see a work space that lends some insight to taste, character, and personal interest. I have a friend who's tech-space could double for an Intel 'clean room'... but, he says he works best that way so I suppose that is insight in itself. Meanwhile mine is... well, lets just say much more normal. I think we should have a separate thread on work spaces as well... far more interesting.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
Here is my home:

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
"Back Paws" hehe

I must say I do like the 'Lived in' look that computer rooms, dens and (according to my ex) 'hovels' often have. Its nice to see a work space that lends some insight to taste, character, and personal interest. I have a friend who's tech-space could double for an Intel 'clean room'... but, he says he works best that way so I suppose that is insight in itself. Meanwhile mine is... well, lets just say much more normal. I think we should have a separate thread on work spaces as well... far more interesting.
Hehehehe.... The rest of the room is far from neat an' tidy, although it's a lot better than is was a few weeks ago, the stacks were almost blocking the TV (which wouldn't really bother me as I rarely watch it) - Mrs WereBo is seriously into both textile crafts and paper/card crafts, so the living-room is full of boxes of her stuff. As you can see, it makes cleaning/dusting a long job and decorating near impossible, it'd take a week just to shift everything out, then a couple o' months of complaints cos everything would be put back in the wrong place.... :grin:

@ Rich-M - That is really nice, far more what I'd prefer to live with (no clutter), I'm envious :lol:

Attachments

·
14,557 Posts
Yikes I can see where I might be a role model for you? Hey seriously you make do with what is the best you can do for now and there is always room for improvement later.

·
14,557 Posts

Attachments

·
14,557 Posts
Before anyone asks why I used Gen 4 cpu and board is that I happened to have the cpu that I never used and there really is little performance difference between the Devils Canyon cpus and Kaby Lake's newest for what I do. I also really searched for a micro motherboard with a minimum 8 Usb ports.

·
Just Being Me!
4,067 Posts
OK, here is my rig in it's current form. (slowly evolving)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Computer Case - Tempered Glass Edition, Satin Black PH- ES515ETG_BK
Mobo: ASUS P6T - LGA 1366 - X58 - DDR3 - ATX Motherboard: Amazon:
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU Processor 6 Six Core 3.06 GHz LGA1366 X5675 SLBYL
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory (CMD16GX3M4A1866C9)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GV-N1080D5X-8GD 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X and
EVGA GTX 760
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i (v2)
Hard Drives: Crucial MX300 525GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT525MX300SSD1
Monitors: Acer G236HL 23-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (x2)(1080P)
Sceptre U278W-4000R(4k)
Seiki 32" TV (1080p)
Elecrow RPA05010R HDMI 5-Inch 800x480 (inside case)
Headset: CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset
EXTRAS:
Thermaltake Sleeve Extension Power Supply Cable Kit, Cases, Blue Black
Corsair Air Series SP 120 LED Blue High Static Pressure Fan Cooling - Twin Pack (X3)
Phanteks Multi-Color LED Strips 1 Meter Enthoo Luxe Case Upgrade (PH-LEDKT_M1)(x2)
Phanteks PH-LEDKT_COMBO: RGB LED Strip Combo Set

·
Just Being Me!
4,067 Posts
Fans are all blue, also have RGB strips but wash out bad on camera. (I love the blue)

·
14,557 Posts
Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
487 Posts

New build, Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X
Cooler NZXT Kraken X52
Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200Mhz DDR4
Motherboard: Asus Strix X370-F
PSU: Seasonic 860W (SS-860XP2)
Case:Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 6 Blue Edition
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
Storage: Samsung 250GB 960 Evo M.2 SSD, 2TB WD Black, 500GB WD Blue (SSD)
To be added (Migrated from old system): 500GB Samsung Evo, 500GB WD Blue (second), 2TB Barricuda

Edit: I've not actually cable managed this build at all (yet) :)

·
14,557 Posts
Are you seeing something I don't, I would love to see what the system looks like
Silverj2k7.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts