Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a pc that switches on, but gives no power to the monitor or keyboard, thus I'm unable to pinpoint the problem, could you please advise me what to do, to check for the problem, is my mainboard fried? What could cause this to happen, the pc worked fine.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Do the fans turn on and the motherboard light up? Are there an post beeps? We really could do better if we had the complete specs like motherboard, cpu, power supply(make and watts),drives, etc.....you get the picture of what we need. Is this a new computer, or an old one that had worked before? Just fill us in more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pc is a Epox Ep 3VCM+ motherboard and 128mb 133 SDRam. I am not sure what processor is installed, since the motherboard supports both Cyrix and Pentium III. It's an old computer that worked before. There are no stickers on the PSU, but I'd say it looks like a 300 Watt. All the fans turn on, can't see that the motherboard lights up, not sure where to look. There's not even one post beep, but the hard drives(2 drives installed) both power up, and it sounds like there's some activity on them, Only for a few secs though.
An LG cd-rom and HP 9100 Cd-writer. If you need more information let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im having the same problem with my laptop. the fans power on, the cd-rom drive seems to be working, but there is no CPU activity or hdd activity. :(

i think my cpu is fried...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.