Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Radeon x1800xt 512 card that i'm using with an Abit KN8 SLi motherboard. Now I know that you need a crossfire ready motherboard to use crossfire and SLi is specficially for Nvidia cards. Unfortunately a year ago when I built my PC I was a dumbass and not aware of this (I thought SLi was for both Nvidia and ATI). With that and the rest of my setup, my PC is pretty beefy....yet I still get stuttering in a few games (namely Oblivion and Everquest 2). So my question is could there be some kinda bottleneck or maybe i'm not getting the full power out of my video card because of this mismatch with the motherboard?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Athlon FX 55 @ 2.8ghz
2GB Kingston HyperX DDR 333
ATi Radeon x1800xt 512
Abit KN8 SLi
500w Antec smartpower 2.0
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
2x 80GB Western Digital IDE hard drives (160GB)

And still getting graphics lag in some of the newer PC games....and I know I shouldn't be with that setup...

·
TSF Enthusiast
5,538 Posts
do you know what your temps are.overheating could be the problem try this. http://www.techsupportforum.com/art...es/122161-how-use-install-sensorsviewpro.html

also it may be the video card take a look

The white lines within the bars indicate minimum frame rate

At the very high end, in our most strenuous benchmark, $1200 of graphics cards will buy you less than 50 fps on average. It doesn't actually matter which vendor you go with, both ATI and NVIDIA offer similar performance at the very high end with one very important exception: ATI seems to offer much higher minimum frame rates than NVIDIA at the very high end in this test. We tried adjusting the render ahead setting but couldn't improve the situation any for NVIDIA, so while both ATI and NVIDIA's best performers offer similar average frame rates, the ATI Radeon X1900 XT CrossFire setup is better overall thanks to higher minimum frame rates.

source^ http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2746&p=4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.