Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I made a post a while back regarding a problem I was having with being disconnected while playing games or browsing the internet throughout the day even though it would still say I was connected with excellent signal strength on my wireless network.

Well, I was looking at my event viewer and one of the information events had this error:

The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{D8AB1CD4-8EED-4885-82FA-A941E0846B47} was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.
Do you think that the problem for my disconnections would be because my NIC is dying out? I have a Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI NIC, and I tried searching for drivers for it, but I found nothing.

Would my best bet be to buy a new NIC?

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
That's what that message is saying, you may have stumbled onto the reason for the issue. Since a new NIC shouldn't cost more than $10, I'd give that a try. :smile:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm... I haven't bought a new NIC yet but would that even help? I thought NICs were primarily used for computers that are hard-wired to the modem. I have a PCI NIC card in my computer, but does it even relate with my Linksys Wireless USB adapter? My NIC card also has two USB ports on it, and when I looked online for new ones, I realized that hardly any have USB ports and usually just have just one ethernet port. Any suggestions?

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
Sorry, head space, I was thinking wired. Since you mention USB wireless, it could be conflicts with other USB devices, not an uncommon issue. I'd seriously consider something that doesn't connect using USB. :smile:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I will probably try a Linksys Wireless PCI Card. Will any kind of Wirelss PCI card be compatible with any type of router?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.