Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have huge issues trying to set up guildFTPd, and eMule behind my Dynalink RTA220 router. I cannot connect to my ftp server from outside, and I haven't found an ftp program that gives me anything other than "unknown error". There is something to do with port/passive mode, but I'm stuffed if I understand it. I'm trying to use port 30000 for this.

I have set up a DMZ for my computer on the network, but if it's forwarding ports automatically then its sure doing a real bad job of it. I am using Norton Internet Security 2002, but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with ports - it certainly doesn't have anything in its setup about them (only program internet access and IP ranges)

The other issue is eMule - the help says to forward "any" port to port 4662 (among other port requirements) - my router config doesn't allow for any "any" setting, requiring me to enter a number. So I set up the DMZ, hoping this would make all my problems go away. well it didn't

Please be gentle with me, I am a total newbie with routers. :confused:
I'd really like some help
adam

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.