Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya, I'm sure this is a rather standard issue,
I however, have no idea about how to solve it.

I got problemswith Symantecs Norton 2008 as it just stopped working and the fix on their site just didn't work so I uninstalled it and got Kaspersky Internet Security instead.
Since that minute whenever I open up Firefox I get 4-5 popups at the same time and then it seems to come ever now and then,
it does however pop up in BOTH firefox AND Iexplorer, which is Really annoying...
Kaspersky's notes that Explorer.exe is trying to send info to some adtrgt place every now and then, so by assumption, it's adware. (Duh)

How
The
Fark
Do I get rid of it without formating?
I mean, I haven't had a single popup with Norton...

EDIT: This is in XP btw... As my Lachesis mouse doesn't work in Vista.

NO I don't know what info you need so please, just tell me what you want me to do.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello ,

your pc is infected / you will have to wit to get the all clear from the techs at the HJT Log help forum befor we can help

forum rules

sorry

you then may be redirected back here for further assistance

Mike

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello ,

just a reminder to all that we are not allowed to help untill the all clear hase been issued by the (HJT techs) for they use (special tools) for the removal of (maleware / spyware/ viruses)

we will just have to wait

trying to help will only make things worse

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.