Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Nvidia, ATI is kicking there butt! I remember 3DFX was like the main video card company. Then Nvidia kicked there butt! And now, its ATI's turn:confused: What do you think

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I agree with you...

I used to have a 3DFX voodoo3 card, and it is incredible how long that thing pulled it's weight as the flight simulators I use evolved.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fox said:
I agree with you...

I used to have a 3DFX voodoo3 card, and it is incredible how long that thing pulled it's weight as the flight simulators I use evolved.
Same here, I had a voodoo 3 & that thing ran alot of games for the longest time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I still have my old V3 2000 up in my closet. I used it for Tribes (glide).

The 3dfx specific API(glide) is not only no longer used, but it's not near as powerful as D3D / OpenGL (and we all know how much 3dfx cards liked OpenGL)

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uranium-235 said:
I still have my old V3 2000 up in my closet. I used it for Tribes (glide).

The 3dfx specific API(glide) is not only no longer used, but it's not near as powerful as D3D / OpenGL (and we all know how much 3dfx cards liked OpenGL)
Same here but mine is a PCI card. Tribes was a good game!

·
Registered
174 Posts
nevermind being in the closet....hell still using a voodoo 3 3000 in my older computer.....still use it to play alot of my older games that XP pro hates running......it's been plugging along now for around 3 years and still going strong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.