Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a relatively new computer:

Win XP Pro
2.2 GHz
1024 MB RAM
GeForce 4 Ti 4600

In Counterstrike I get low FPS that should not happen with this configuration. At 1024x768, it is 25-35 FPS, and at 1152x864, it drops to 15-25 FPS. I have gotten advice about changing settings within the game, like turning off shadows and bullet holes and such, but these affect my FPS hardly at all. Besides, this config should be able to handle nicer graphics. Other people with similar configurations have reported steady 80-100 FPS at 1600x1200.

I have the newest nVidia drivers installed (44.03). I know I haven't given many specifics, but I would appreciate some general help and pointers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok! Some general help.

I had that same problems with my radeon, but now fixed. Try the stuff I did to fix it:

Maybe your anti aliasing is set too high. My radeon (9700) slows down if I set it to 6x Anti Aliasing, so I have it on 4x. A gfti4600 should be able to run 4x Anti Aliasing, but best to be on 2x, and Anisotropic Filtering set to at least 8x.

You can find those settings in the OpenGL Section at the properties menu from your desktop.
(Properties --> Settings --> Advanced)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think the antialising is the problem here.

Turn off Vertical Synch in Open GL settings. You should now have much more fps. I have 99 fps constantly in CS with this setting.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.