Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is some sort of spyware, but none of my spyware programs seem to be able to get rid of it, cause it keeps coming back . . .

Pokapoka79.exe

I think it's a toolbar for IE . . And no, IE won't let me turn it off, and when I try to remove it, it keeps recreating itself in the folder.

How do I get rid of it . . ? . .

·
Registered
255 Posts
HHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!! i used to have this stupid *Explicit Deleted* process on my pc... i use the Ewido realtime protection and sometimes Polapoka37 drives it nuts (its quite funny in a wierd way) I think i used....

CCleaner
Cleanup!
Ad-AwareSE personal
Ewido Security Suite

THis seemed to get rid of it... But then i think it came back, whenever i see it i do complete deep scans... O, while anyones looking on this Thread can aany one tell me what BHSV.exe?

P

·
0 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

The process you are talking about is a variable of a nasty infection. I would advise you to post a hjt log asap to the attention of security experts here. Please make sure you read and follow this before posting your log.

Regards

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thnks, i have posted a HJT log, and ive got a reply, ill soon go about following the actions, are these infection a very high threat? and what do they do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another way to remove pokapokaxx.exe

I am running a dual boot system. Linux (Xandros distro) and Windows 2K. Once I identified the culprit, I simply rebooted into linux, did a search and find, then deleted the culprit. Running Windows will not allow you to delete this virus or trojan.) Since this Linux distro has the ability to display and delete windows files and folders, it was as simple as a right click and delete. It is well worth the time learning Linux just for this sort of thing alone. Please note that in this case, I deleted the folder and all of its contents. I am still trying to come up to snuff on Linux myself, but I have already found it is very usefull and fun to operate. Even for us over 60 kids.

AC4RB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.