Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hi all, I hope i'm writing this in the right place because I am new here.
well i need help with my compaq presario v6000 laptop, when my laptop was purchased back in 2008 it came with wireless and the icon was on the bottom right hand cornerand I use to use it all the time. then a few months later I had optimim high speed cable put in and then I dont know what the cable guy did but my wireless was gone.. when I go to the START> PROGRAMS> HP, it will say wireless home network setup with a picture of a house next to it. also if I go to START> PROGRAMS> ACCESSORIES>COMMUNICATIONS it saids wireless network setup. But in my Network Connections it saids: AOL DIALER ALSO AMERICAN ONLINE AND LOCAL AREA CONNECTION. I remember at one time it saying wireless. Now I dont know what this cable guy did to my laptop and I did get a Linskys by Cisco wireless N router for x-mas and I would like to start using it..
so if anyone can tell me whats wrong about my laptop that why it doesnt say the wireless thing on my network connections or do I have to reinstall it again. I'm so confused.. :sigh: :mad: :4-dontkno

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
  2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
  3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all. I brought my laptop to best buys geek squad and the guy said that it might of been damaged I don't see how this laptop is only 3 yrs old. The wireless light is on, on the lap tap. Anyway the geek squad made me by Linskys wireless adapter and I have the wireless router to. So now, is it true that the wireless has to be connected to my high speed box in order for my laptop, blackberry, ninetendo dsi all to work wirelessly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.