Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My GF has an older Aopen machine. I installed XP on her system and now Im getting a "network cable unplugged error". I've updated the driver (windows default for the adapter).

Things I've treid:

-Disabling and re-enabling the onboard network adapter in the BIOS
-Updating drivers (windows default)
-power cycling the modem
-replacing network/phone cords
-trying different jacks in the house.

The adapter is an onboard SIS 900 fast ethernet adapter, the connection is dsl from Aliant and the modem is a comtrend ct-301

when i restart the modem, the power light and the adsl/link light are on, but the lan/activity led does not light up.

I called aliant and they think it might be the modem.....would a incorrect driver version cause a network cable unplugged error? Is it possible that the onboard network adapter is not compatible with xp?

also, i just noticed that in the device manager, there is a scsi/raid controller that his having a conlict error (yellow/black exclamation point)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Warren

·
Registered
33 Posts
find out what motherboard you have and download the drivers for that board from the manufacturer website and install them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's an old Aopen, good luck finding any specs on the mobo. I would try buying a cheap PCI network adapter and use that puppy. They cost like ten bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.