Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys me and my neighbor are trying to get a Edelbrock 1405 Carb on top of a stock manifold on a 1972 Road runner with a 340 in it, problem is there was a thermoquad on it an the 1405's butterfly's hit the intake, I know they used to make an adapter, but which one adapts the 1405 to the 340 stock intake?
we've been looking at summit all morning with no luck

·
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes wrench it is the spread bore, Thanks brother, Its on order right now :)
Now after we get that on all we need is the choke cable from Advance, and a new air filter to replace the one that came with the car that looks like it hasn't been changed since 1972 LOL

·
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has the electric spring choke that sits in the indent in the intake, were replacing that with the manual choke.

·
Administrator, TSF Manager
27,820 Posts
I haven't seen a manual choke for ages.....except for my lawn mower and TO20. Back "in the day" my 715 Dual Inlet Holley had no choke and didn't come with one......bought it brand new from Jeg's for $45. Don't even think about hitting the key until the gas pedal had been pumped about 10 times.....that was just to get it fired up. Keeping it running for the first 2 miles took lotsa feathering of the gas pedal.

·
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea been there done that with a 1963 Impala four door sport sedan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.