Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start my pc up, it keeps comming up with

WINDOWS DESKTOP SEARCH TOOL TRAY ADMIN
says there is an error and keeps popping up every 10 seconds, then it comes up with msntb_toolba_full_name#

the only way i can get it to stop is to re- install msn toolbar but it only goes so far and says it is already installed and then everything is ok ??

i have tried to un install msn toolbar but it wont do it

hope somebody can help bacause it takes 20 min to get my screen free evertime i log in from all these messgaes

thanx in advance

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Reboot into Safe Mode by tapping th F8 key. Click Start>Run and type in msconfig
Click the Startup tab and uncheck anything related to msn toolbar. Reboot back into normal mode, run these programs and report back your findings

Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?

Right, thanks for that info, i did what you said and it has stopped all the pop ups, but wheni try and open my internet page it still saying my toolbar is full

again i have tried to un install it but it says the following

"This patch could not be opened, verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package."

thats all garbage to me so hope sum1 can clear it up for me

thanx

Ross

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ross_1978 said:
when i start my pc up, it keeps comming up with

WINDOWS DESKTOP SEARCH TOOL TRAY ADMIN
says there is an error and keeps popping up every 10 seconds, then it comes up with msntb_toolba_full_name#

the only way i can get it to stop is to re- install msn toolbar but it only goes so far and says it is already installed and then everything is ok ??

i have tried to un install msn toolbar but it wont do it

hope somebody can help bacause it takes 20 min to get my screen free evertime i log in from all these messgaes

thanx in advance

·
15,478 Posts
Hello CLYDE and Welcome to TSF

We need you to start your own thread. It's too complicated to try to resolve your issue and Ross_1978's in the same thread. Directions get all discumbobulated, you get confused on whos talking to who, it just gets ugly and then nothing works right :tongue:

So please start your own :sayyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
?

i can`t do step 3 !!

where do i find this as i dont want 2 delet the wrong 1?

Ross

Remove the Damaged Registry Key
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\DFAD2CEE8555CA04E8C905508C8F018E
4. On the keyboard, press the DELETE key.
5. When you are prompted to do so, click Yes to confirm the deletion.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
e

·
15,478 Posts
Please back up your registry before editing. Use the link in my sig to find instructions on how.
To do step 3, click start/run and type in regedit. Here you will find that key.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.