Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might get the Plextor 52x32x48 8MB buffer, you can hold 1GB on a 700MB Disc............

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
How is that done? can 1GB disks written in that be used in any other drive?

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, same format but just bigger! I think:confused:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I hope you don't actually believe all that bunk! :rolleyes:

Unless you want to read them only on the Plextor drive, much of the capacity gain is unusable. In addition, you can only write at 4x speed, for a gigabyte, that's back to the stone ages, 30 minutes or more for a disk! :no:

For a complete review of the Plextor drive, CDR Labs Plextor Review is suggested reading before blowing the money this drive costs.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnwill said:
I hope you don't actually believe all that bunk! :rolleyes:

Unless you want to read them only on the Plextor drive, much of the capacity gain is unusable. In addition, you can only write at 4x speed, for a gigabyte, that's back to the stone ages, 30 minutes or more for a disk! :no:

For a complete review of the Plextor drive, CDR Labs Plextor Review is suggested reading before blowing the money this drive costs.
I don't mine, all my disc's are burned at 4x

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That review gave it a 10 out of 10, looks like a good buy:D plus Maximum PC gave it a Kick @SS product. www.newegg.com is selling it for around $100-110 dollars bestbuy is selling it for $130 dollars. Thanks for looking out for me johnwill much thanks:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.