Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sense this morning, I've been receiving this error. Luckily, I have MozillaFirebird as a backup, but I need to get IE fixed.

I took a look around at the Microsoft website and that didn't help much. They've got this error in their, I guess, FAQ. However, most of the problems on how to "fix" were not related to either IE: 6 sp1 or Windows XP.

Now, I've received this error before not long ago, and I installed IE: 6 over the old files and it was fixed. However, it's not letting me do that this time- whenver I try to install IE: 6 or IE: 6 sp1, it says a newer version already exists on my PC and exits the install.

Any help would be much appreciated. My internet security settings, btw, are set at Medium and the like- they are apparently not the cause. I've also tried deleteing my "temp files".

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Please do not consider this an expert response, but I did want you to that somebody read this and is trying to work the problem.

I have done a pretty thorough search of several good sources, and all they talk about is security settings when addressing this problem.

What I do know from helping out on several forums is that there are some very nasty "bugs" out there who sole intent is to simply down the browser. I have seen them do a pretty good job of it.

Do you run a firewall and up-to-date virus protection? Others working this problem will want to know.

We'll wait for the next opinions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi LegendsCafe

Do you get this error when trying to view all web pages ?

or just some ?

If just some, can you post a link to one you cannot reach ?

Also a look at your hijackthis log may give us a clue

Please Download hijackthis from

http://tomcoyote.org/hjt

Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

After the scan has finished the "scan" button will turn into a "save log" button

save the log file and paste it here

Do not delete anything yet, as most things hijackthis finds are harmless and needed.

steam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.