Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..:wave:

I am planning to buy a good sound system for my pc.What about phlips ambx?is it good or should i buy x-fi extreamGamer+Logitech x-540 combo.My budget is 10-12k.Please suggest..:smile:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Don't have any real world experience with the ambx but when someone actually mentions them online they can only talk about the lights, not the speakers. They look good on paper, though.

They are just a 2.1 system. Are you going to be watching movies on the pc, or just music. A 5.1 system will be better if you are doing more than just music (including games).

I will assume that if you are talking about an extremeGamer+Logitech x-540 setup that your budget is significantly less than $10,000.00.

For a good system I would take a look at the G51's or better yet the z5500 from Logitech. Also take a look at the Asus Xonar (D2 preferred but the D1's aren't bad) and the Auxentech Prelude as alternative's to Creative. If you do more movies and music I would stay away from Creative and focus on the Xonar and Prelude but it sounds like you might be more into games so Creative might be a better option, especially if you are still using Windows XP and play older games.

Pauldo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much Pauldo :smile:..But i live in India so 1 INR=50 USD and i budget is 10-12k in Indian currency..so my budget is 200$-240$..if you can suggest any good sound setup for my pc,that will be a great help for me..

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I thought something was up but didn't know if it was a typo or something else. :grin:

The extremeGamer+x-540's will work just great. I have a set of the x-540's on one of my systems and it does the job just fine considering the price and I'm using them in a really big room. Put them in a 10x12 (feet) room and they sound great.

If you aren't focused on gaming than take a look at the Asus Xonar D1 and even the HT Omega Striker. Both are under $100 US and don't have the driver problems that Creative does (not that they don't have problems just not as much).

My vote is for the Asus Xonar D1 but it is really depends on whether you are a hard core gamer or not.

Pauldo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.