Tech Support banner

Do you like my site?

• Wow, this is a really great site!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I like the content, but don\'t care for the design.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the design, but the content is dull or not enough.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don\'t like the site and the content is weak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of my site? I update it at least everyday with all of the latest computer news. Stop by and tell me what you think!

http://megabytes.homeip.net

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome 640k

Looks good but it takes a while to load. Maybe breaking it down to more pages would speed it up a bit.

Keep up the quest...;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
The mentor is correct, you must split it up. I like the style of the contents, similar to this one-http://www.thetechhandbook.com/ which is managed by the same peoples that do this forum. Keep up the good work-:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry about the slow loading. I'm having bandwidth issues at home. I think I know what the cause is, but if you try to download something from the site, you'll end up getting like 10k/sec or less.

Initially, its not nearly as slow as it is today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I fixed some of the slowness by removing a good deal of content from the main page. Let me know what you think.

:)

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Still seems slow, but its not too bad.
You need to get rid of the banner at the top of the page, it sucks, it ruins your site a bit. The banner on the top of the center news is ok, it seems to fit nice there. But the top one should be removed or put at the bottom.

When are you getting a heading or logo for the site name?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm working with an art major to try and come up with a logo. I think the site's name will end up changing because I can't register the domain. The only reason that banner is in the upper left is because it will fall into place with a logo.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, keep them coming!!

On a different note...

Would anyone be interested in helping to post news on the site? There isn't any pay involved but if I can get a good following and enough people to help out, we are definitely planning on getting it up and out to the masses, which means pay checks in our pockets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
640k said:
Here is my banner.

http://megabytes.homeip.net/mega-banner.gif

I was thinking about using something similar to that for a logo/design. Its kind of a dull banner, but us old IT folks (hehehe) get the joke...
Coca Cola actually capitalized on this idea... as one of their pomotions you could win free software/ games by entering a code from your bottle, well long story short the software has a nice friendly greeting message, and says something to the affect of thanks for buying coke as a token of out appreciation please accept this cup holder, and it spits out the CD tray...LOL Its not that old but I know what you are getting at :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.