Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay guys im starting to get freaked here my computer was sitting there doing nothing at the desktop and all of a sudden it gave me a blue screen that said "a problem has been detected...ect" and right below that it said SESSIONS_INITIALIZATION_FAILED what happened here my computer was doing nothing at all. Could this be the work of a worm or virus? please help

EDIT: OMG serious problem found. I unplugged my secondary drive and my comp started great with everything working. Then when i plugged my secondary hdd back in and booted my comp i got a weird message in my POST. It said IDE Channle 0 slave hard disk S.M.A.R.T. Status Bad

please dont tell me my mobo or hdd is damaged. Please let it only be the IDE cable. I need a response quick guys. I need my computer and the secondary drive intact and working. Anyone please help me im very desperate

BTW im running windows xp pro service pack 2
a8n-sli deluxe mobo
512 ram

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try another cable, but I bet the HD is dying. I had 2 Western Digitals do a similar sort of thing a while back.

Have you had any trouble moving large files between the drives?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
SMART detects and tries to predict serious problems with your hard drive. I hope there's nothing too important on there. Try and backup what you can and I think you'll have to get a new one.

www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000184.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.