Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

I'm hoping someone out there may be able to help me fix the following issue?

I recently had to re-install Windows XP Pro (SP2) and ever since then my screen resoltuion is all out of whack! On some pages like FB it is fine, then others like trying to read a newspaper online the page is ok, but when I scroll down to read on, the page drags itslef and its very annyoing. . . makes for crap reading of documents.

I have a 19inch monitor and I re read the user guide again for this and they suggest I have the resolution set to 1400x900. It has also made the desktop icons appear stretched and almost too small. I ahve the text size set at smaller.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

oliviajean

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
and welcome to the Forum

After you install XP, you may neeed to install drivers for the devices . . in this case, you need the video card drivers.

You may need others as well. You can look in Device Manager, anything shown with a yellow ! or marked as "Unknown" will need drivers.

What Brand and Model is this PC?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for helping!

I looked at Device Manager and there are 4 yellow question marks next to the following:
Raid Controller
System Interrupt Controller
Unknown device
Video Controller (VGA compatible)

We were given this PC so it is no brand no name! Sorry!! What will I need to do? Or find out to fix this issue?

Appreciate your time & help!

Oliviajean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems to have done something!! All fonts appear stretched & really really large! Could you recommend which settings I would use to have a great screen? I Thank You again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.