Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was reinstalling my wifes windows vista...or downgrading it to windows professional yesterday and when I went into the menu where it asks you to delete a certain part so you can install windows I did, but I deleted something only 3 mgbites in size on accident. I proceeded and deleted another particion that said OS...which I figured was windows. And then reinstalled it.

I dont know what I deleted the first time but I figure its the reason my wifes laptop is now saying "No bootable devices, Strike F1 to reboot, F2 for utilities and f5 to run diagnostics" this happens every time I restart my computer.

The my wife has is a Dell inspiron 1525. Can someone please help me, I cant find the disk that came with it and Im stuck????!!!!!

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
HI,
Welcome to TSF.
Many computers now a days come with "Hidden Partitions". These are used to restore windows to factory settings and such. Seeing you do not have an Operating System on the unit it will be tough to "see" whats is inside of your Laptop.
Do you have the service tag number?
Do you want Vista put back on (Call Dell they will ship you a restore CD very cheaply).
If you want XP please provide the service tag, but I cannot guarantee a fully functional laptop seeing it was setup for Vista.
Thanks,
Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.