Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need help and would like to ask for advice. My grandma's friend gave me a dinosaur TV and I want to try using it before I throw in the towel and buy a new flat screen. I will use pictures to make explaining the process easier.

Cat Felidae Wood Carnivore Textile

This is my laptop that my cat Strawberry is chilling on. I want to hook this up to my TV so I can play games on it.

Output device Television Television set Gadget Computer monitor accessory

This is my Sony Trinitron 2006 TV. It's a dinosaur and it has 5 settings. TV, game, video 2, video 3, and DVD.

Ac adapter Wood Gadget Material property Electrical wiring

This is my HDMI to AV adapter that I got from Walmart yesterday. My HDMI cable and AV Jacks are plugged in and the adapter has a switch that can set it to 1080p and 720p.

Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas Machine Auto part

These are my TV input Jacks. It doesn't have an HDMI port which is why I'm using the AV adapter. Can you crack the case? I have tried every jack and every video setting on the TV and I can't get it to show the picture from my laptop. Please lend me your expertise if you know a way I can do it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Plug the red, white, and yellow wires from the HDMI to A/V adapter into the red, white, and yellow connectors which are all the way to the left of the connectors you showed in the photo. On the TV, select Video 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plug the red, white, and yellow wires from the HDMI to A/V adapter into the red, white, and yellow connectors which are all the way to the left of the connectors you showed in the photo. On the TV, select Video 2.
Property Furniture Television Computer desk Wood

No luck. I can't even tell what's going on with my laptop since the screen is broken lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts