Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno :4-dontkno Hi everyone, I am in a tight bind here. My computer is going nuts or something. Its a great computer. P4 3.2 GHZ 800FSB, ASUS p4c800-e deluxe, 2GB DDR400 OCZ mem, ATI x850XT PE, AUDIGY 2, 2 80 GB Seagate HDD in a RAID 2+0 Striping FASTTRACK, etc. etc... So I suspected a virus in Windows XP pro after not being able to open regedit. So I went to run KillDisk which deletes your hard drives like I normally do when I run into problems, except this time it started loading the program in Dos (before Win loads its a bootable CD-ROM) and then says BAD COMMAND OR FILENAME- "KILLDISK.EXE" . So I try it on this laptop to see if the CD went bad or something, and it worked fine! This is the same windows mind you thats on my desktop. I have tried loading default values in BIOS and turning off USB support and everything and it doesn't help. I tried the floppy disk version of KillDisk which also works on this laptop, and it froze right in the begining of the process. I tried another program Disk Sweep or something and it froze in the beginning to. Once again, it has worked before on these same RAID drivers and everything. I just reformatted my disk through Windows installation, which worked fine, reinstalled raid drivers, and I can get into regedit and everything now.... tried the KillDisk again... and same problem... BAD COMMAND OR FILENAME - "KILLDISK.EXE" .... I think I have a virus or something in DOS maybe, I mean this is ridiculous, I have never seen this before and I'm really stumped on what to do. Please Please Help. Thank You very kindly... Soul :4-dontkno

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like only certain drivers loaded and not others.

try start>run type sfc /scannow and let it run and finish. also go to that drive icon in My Computer right click>properties>tools and do a disk check

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.