Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell Dimension 4700 running XP Home 2002 SP 2. I am experiencing difficulty with my Intel (R) Pro/100 VE Network Connection. It is currently displaying a yellow exclamation point in device manager. So far, I have tried the following:

* Uninstalling the driver and reinstalling from within the system.
* Uninstalling the driver and reinstalling Intel (R) Pro/100 VE Desktop Adapter (the Intel site says this contains the necessary driver for the Network Connection).
* Leaving the "broken" driver installed and using the previously mentioned Desktop Adapter to try and repair it
* Using system restore to bring the system back to its proper state
* Using Dell Driver Tool (forget the actual name) to repair the driver

So far, each step has resulted in the same error: 10, unable to start.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to solve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Try these steps then we might be able to see what the problem is:
1. Go into Command Prompt, do this by typing in 'cmd' into run on your start menu.
2. Type in: IPCONFIG /ALL
3. Right click in the Command Prompt window, go to 'Select All' and then hit the return or enter key on your keyboard.
4. Paste all this now into a post in this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try these steps then we might be able to see what the problem is:
1. Go into Command Prompt, do this by typing in 'cmd' into run on your start menu.
2. Type in: IPCONFIG /ALL
3. Right click in the Command Prompt window, go to 'Select All' and then hit the return or enter key on your keyboard.
4. Paste all this now into a post in this forum.
Thanks for your reply. I will follow those steps and paste the results this evening. Did you mean to link to another forum in step 4 or were you just emphasizing that this is the correct place for the information?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, here's what I tried last night:
* Uninstalled driver and reinstalled Dell driver.
* Uninstalled driver and reinstalled another generic Intel driver.
* Searched this forum for similar problems, and reset the stack and winsock.
* Tried to get more information from ipconfig /all, but all it would say is:
Windows IP Configuration

Any idea why that would be the case? Every thing I've done so far results in the same yellow !. I've never moved a network card. Would there be a website that could walk me through that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My thoughts:
Your nic card is either not seated or bad. I'd remove it and replace it. if no change put it in a different PCI slot, or try another nic card, if you get the same result try a different PCI slot. If the second NIC is known to be good then there might be an issue on the Mother board. Try a USB nic card...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.