Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
music freak -

Everything you said there I already knew and so would you if you had bothered to read the whole thread, you didnt say anything new. So if you want to help, please do, if you want to critisize go somewher else please.

To someone who does want to help - where can I get a free firewall? I've looked and I dont really understand whats what....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Berrybunches said:
music freak -

Everything you said there I already knew and so would you if you had bothered to read the whole thread, you didnt say anything new. So if you want to help, please do, if you want to critisize go somewher else please.

I wasn't trying to be mean, man, but I did read the whole thread. I felt the need to lay it on thick, because, honestly, if you had known all of this beforehand, and taken steps to prevent it, you may not be in the situation you are in now. And, if you knew all about this stuff, you would already know about firewalls and where to get one. My apologies if I come off sounding critical, but I hear this every day from people. I tell them how they can help themselves, but most don't listen. Indeed, many people still think that viruses are a big hoax perpetrated the software companies in order to take our money. Poppy****! The threats are real. It's all over the news. Every day, some jerk writes and releases a worm that screws with computers or launces DOS attacks on websites and uses yours and old grandma's PC to do it with.

There are those here who can help you get rid of the viruses and other things. Since I don't have a lot experience with being infected with stuff on the level that your are, i'm no expert there. But, I am good at being proactive. If I can't help you, there are others out there that will benifit from my posts. More people need to be scared of what these sick puppies can do to an innocent person's investment. More people like US, including YOU, should be angry as hell that these things are happening! We ALL need to get the word out and educate all PC users about these dangers and what they can do to protect themselves!

In my post, I gave you some very helpful things to do once you get your PC back on it's feet. I really hope you follow them. Looking for a firewall was one of them. Good for you!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Music Freak -

Sry for getting so defensive, I've had a bad day and wasnt thinking...no hard feelings!
This is the first computer I have had ever for less than a year! I am really willing to learn

I did get a that firewall :) It seems to be doing good so far.

I am now posting on spywareinfo support forums for some new perspectives. My thread is "Big Problems with Norton ect..."
under the virus forums. I'll post here too if anyone is still interested or they can come there.

Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's cool!

We have all been there.

When I got my first computer five years ago, I disregarded the warnings about running a PC without protection. After all, *I* never heard of anyone getting anything. I also didn't want to spend $30 to register the one installed. I figured that if it was on the machine and I had no problems, everything was cool. THEN I got hit. That changed my additude fast! Then I went out and bought Norton. A couple of years later, when the threats started increasing, I got Norton's Internet Security. When I went through a period of four months without bothering to update my virus definitions I got something that deleted my antivirus. Nothing else happened, though. But that made me radical about this. I have seen BIOS erasing viruses destroying friends motherboards. I've seen people's PCs hacked. Almost every one I know has been infected with one of the recent worms. Why? Because they didn't have a firewall, depended on Microsoft's joke of one, or never downloaded any of the Microhell security update patches.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.