Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Excuse me for my bad english , il speak french...

I have a problem and I do not find the response in my research on google. I have a chart network (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection) connected to a routeur/modem (Syslink) which gives access to me Internet. I will like to analyze the packets (TCP, etc...) which passes through my chart network wireless telegraphy direction the Net. I used several Sniffer network (Ethereal, SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer) and selected, as interfaces of capture, my chart without wire. The sniffer not detects any packet, nothing the whole... What do I have to make to be able to analyze my packets networks? My network is crypted with one key WEP, is this because of that makes a point of also specifying that the sniffer does not detect least the packet?

Thank you

(In a french forum I don't find the solution...)

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Well, from what I can gather, you're trying to analyze the packets on the network. You do realize that with a switch you'll only see the traffic between your computer and other sources, traffec from other computers that isn't routed to you won't be displayed.

If you want to see all the traffic, use a hub in front of the router, connect all the machines to that hub, then a single connection from the hub to the router. That will allow you to see all the local network traffic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.