Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law has a power supply that died, and we have been unable to find a replacement power supply whose connecting cables work for his computer. The dead power supply is a CaseGears 580W Hush - 580W Power Supply Unit - Model HUSH580W.

The computer that he has was built for him, and the builder is no longer available to talk with. So, he needs help finding a replacement power supply unit that will work. He tried buying a few other power supplies with the same power, but the connectors would not match up with where they needed to be plugged in.

He is not computer savvy, so he is not sure what to do. I figured that someone here would be more knowledgeable and know the right questions to ask in order to help us find a power supply that will work for him. I can send pictures of the hardware to anyone who might be able to help, if needed.

Sorry for the lack of more detailed information, but please let me know if you are willing and able to help. I can answer any specific questions that you have and give you the information that you need to help solve the problem.

Thanks so much.

Maggie

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's nothing particularly special about that power supply as it uses standard connectors that most any power supply made in the last few years would have. I'm surprised when you say your brother has bought a few other power supplies that didn't have the necessary connectors.

Could he be making a mistake with how he is connecting the power supply? There are connectors on a motherboard meant for data cables. I am wondering if he thought he needed a power cable for them.

If he provided more information about his computer we can better inform you as well as make a recommendation.
motherboard model
cpu
video card

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The Sunbeam Hush PSU-HUSH580 is a standard ATX PSU. Any ATX PSU will have the same connectors. Hopefully he will replace the PSU with a better quality PSU to avoid another failure.
Knowing what his PC specs are might prove helpful and we could suggest a good quality PSU with the required power.
Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.