Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I have a dell inspiron n5010 laptop, it is just under a year old, and I have had absolutely no problems with it until yesterday afternoon. I was in the middle of doing my homework and it just suddenly shut off. At first I thought maybe it overheated because it was extremely hot. So I went to school, and decided that I would turn it back on later. I came home and attempted to turn it on but nothing happened. No lights, no fans, no sounds, nothing. So I tried taking out the battery and leaving it plugged in. I tried just running it on battery and it still showed no signs of power at all. I followed the advice of a few people and decided to try taking out certain components of the computer to see if anything would change without them, and if it did I knew why it wasn't working. Well I only attempted to take out the memory, and the optical drive, and after removing both I plugged into outlet power and the charging light came on but when I would attempt to turn the computer on the light would immediately go out. I would appreciate any help. I have no idea why it just suddenly stopped working.