Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded a fresh copy of windows in my laptop right after a backed up all my files on my xternal hd now when i try to get into my msft money file it asks for a password!!!!! i tried to take ownership but it didnt work!!! TIA

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did you try opening up MS Money on the external HD? If it works there- delete the one on your laptop and then copy it from the external HD to the Lap top.

Short of that working- TSF rules prohibit discussions on how to obtain/bypass/hack passwords.

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it isnt a hack.... i copied it to my external hard drive, installed a fresh copy of windows and now it asks for a password.. this is my only way of banking and all my company banking information is there including my register with all my transactions..... and i tried opening it on the external and it still did the same thing then i copied it back to the computer and it still did the same thing.... im in deep fecal matter if i cant get this back!!!! please help

ps I never used a password on the program although my laptop used to have a password to log in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im an idiot!!!!!! i installed money 2000 instead of 2003 now it works... thx foe all your help and sorry for wasting your time

·
Registered
230 Posts
We all do the something similar even with our College technical degree.
Funny thing is I was looking at that as the problem but was
leaning towards the importing the account option.

Glad you got it resolved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.