Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i bought an o2 payg usb dongle - a huawei 160. I have signal, but cannot connect to it and have no idea why :sigh:

I've spent HOURS on the phone to o2 support and they have no suggestions for me, they just have no idea what it could be - the only thing they did get me to do was uninstall the modem which came with my computer (an agere ac'97). I've since reinstalled the drivers for the integral modem, but it now appears in device manager with an exclamation mark. have they ruined my laptop?!

Now back to the usb mobile broadband - when i first plugged it in the 'found new hardware' alert appeared multiple times until it settles down a bit. then after installing the connection manager, i can see the signal, but when i try to connect to it iget an error message telling me to check that i have good coverage and to check my user settings. o2 have confirmed i have great signal and have played with my user settings which didn't help.

In frustration, i have also tried vodafone and 3 mobile broadband - all to the same effect. With one of them (vodafone i think) it gave me the slightly more helpful error 633, and googling that lead me to try reassigning the modem to a different port, which also didn't help.

It just doesn't seem to like my computer does anyone have any suggestions for anything i could try?

I'd really appreciate it!!:smile:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Integral modem: right click on the modem and select update driver.
The O2 Techs 2nd line are very good. Did anyone suggest uninstalling the USBs in the Device manager and rebooting? Xp will then reinstall them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.