Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a dumarse I downloaded a *.exe file from Limewire (it was labeled a DIVXCodec and launched it and apparently upon the first inspection I thought it was similar to a virus due to more in depth suspection I think it was just some program that an advanced programmer created which reversed all the coding in the system registries.

My right mouse button is now actually functioning similar to a left mouse button and the left mouse button is functioning like a right mouse button would. My desktop is clear of all items as if something else had possessed my computer. The programs in the "Start" button on the taskbar changed as well, I only have the following items to work with...

- Go to VAIO support
- Set Program Access and Defaults
- Windows Update
- Show Desktop
- Microsoft Update (luckily I can launch this and access the internet with this)
- Programs --> all programs are listed to be available
- Help & Support
- Log Off USERNAME

Even though these are still here everytime I click on it I get this message.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Whenever I click on CTRL + ALT + DEL I get the following message:

"task manager has been disabled by your administrator"

Everything on the computer appears to be gone. I can't access the basic tools I need to fix the computer such as the Run tool, C:\ command prompt, or access to the C:\ by clicking.

The time also shows 11:03 ?????? in case that helps

I did find a loophole, and I am able to connect to the internet using the Microsoft Update tool. I am also able to attach and send files of mine through the net, however I haven't fully tried to mess with anything. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out. Can you provide me with some sort of exe file that will counter all those that this one file did to my computer? If you are up for this challenge, you can access this file from...

Source: Limewire
Name: DivX Player and Codec.exe

When I hover over it I get the following info
Company: Install
Version: 1.0.0.0
Date Created: 12.21.2005 ????? (date downloaded and launched
Size: 88.0 KB

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT and send all inquiries to

[email protected]

THANKS IN ADVANCE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status