Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members,

I would really appreciate if you could understand my problem and tell me how to resolve it.
My brother has an old machine Acer Travelmate 737, which is designed to run Win 98' but we were running Win XP Pro, which ran well with no hiccups, but last month a virus attacked and then left the system unstable.
i have tried cleaning it with many antivirus programs and re-installed windows at many times but the problem existed still. what it really did was after the windows installation, the system would give an error everytime i tried to install another program and thus enables the virus again.

Now i know the simplest solution was to format the hard drive but it was not possible. the bios was old and it always gave a "cmos bad battery" error everytime the system started. so when i tried to change the drive settings in the bios, because of the bad battery, the settings could not be saved and the system wont boot with the cd.

the system has a floppy drive and its even layed out in the 1st order for the boot sequence but unfortunately the floppy drive does not boot itself in the start.

the system has one usb port and it also does not work.

so the solution out of all this was to remove the bad cmos battery, replace it with a new one and then format the hard drive.
unfortunately after replacing the battery the cmos started working but whenever the system started after the first beep the system would shutdown after 1 minutes pause.

so then i removed the hard drive and attached it to my Dell Xps and then re-installed the operating system init on my laptop. after installation i attached the windows installed hard drive into the acer and hoped that it would work, but all hopes went in vain.:4-dontkno

now i have a system, with an installed operating system on the hard drive, a working cmos, but for some reason the system is not booting through the hard drive. its just not picking it up. :upset:

i have also flushed the bios through the motherboard .. but it still does not work.:4-dontkno

Please can u help me solve this delima . i just dont know what else to do with it. my brother needs that system for another 6 months only after that he will be able to purchase a new laptop but for now he really needs its acer come back to life.

the acer runs on ... 256 mb ram, 20gb HDD, pentium 3, dvd drive, 1 usb, 1 floppy, 14" sceen, ethernet. full name: acer travel mate 737

i would really appreciate if someone would help me out here !! will really appreciate it.

thank u:sigh::sigh::sigh:

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,076 Posts
It won't boot because when you install the os on a different pc the hardware layer of the os is from the pc it was installed on and can't run the hardware on the laptop.
Do you have the option in the bios to boot from the cd?
Will it boot from a cd now?
Will it boot from the floppy drive now?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.