Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned on my computer the other day and it decided to run a checkdisk. No problems, everything was fine. HOWEVER, the next time I rebooted, it said that there was a computer software problem and the exact error was "load dlls for kernel", please contact your support person for assistance. Now, every time I boot up, I get this error. It doesn't matter how I boot up, (safe mode, last known good config, normal) I get this error. I saw on the web that the fix action was to run the XP install CD and do a repair, so I tried that; BUT...when I run the CD, it says, "unknown disk" where it normally lists my partitions and it won't let me continue past there. If anyone can please help me, it would be HUGELY appreciated as all of my children's photos since birth are on this hard drive!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
For starters, I'd suggest booting (typically you hold down the Delete key during power up) into your CMOS BIOS and make sure the BIOS sees your drives. Could be somehow the BIOS got corrupted and needs to be re-config'd.

Hope this helps get you going.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Do you have any idea as to who made the Hard drive? If so go to there website and down load there diagnostic software that will run from a floppy. and run it it may be your Harddisk is failing completely or has a corrupt boot sector.
Another thing you can do is go into the bios and enable the SMART drive.
This monitors the drive and gives warnig of drive failures. In this case it may tell you the drive has failed or is failing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BIOS and harddrive

I have booted to the BIOS and it sees the hard drives. I have dual 120GB in a Striped Raid Configuration. My Raid software also sees both drives. The only thing that doesn't see them is the XP Install.

The hard drives are both Seagate 120GBs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.