Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my son Socom 3 online for his PS2. He has a Logitech Headset. wich worked on the previous socom game, but it does not work now. From everyone I hear from, I am told to open some ports in my router, but I do not know how. The big issue here is, the company that made my router, is out of buisness, and they dont exist anymore. So when I type my default Gateway ( Wich starts with a 192.168 ) into my web browser, and it asks for a Username/Password, I cant get beyond there because I dont know it, and I cant call the company. ( Due to their inexistance )
If anyone can help, please do, my son wont stop bugging me!!! :poundon:

PS: If this is in the wrong section , I apolagise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Probably won't help you at all, cause I'm sure you already tried it, but, when I had to mess with mine, I was following some instructions from my router company, but, they told me not to enter a password, and to just hit ok.. So, it asks for a password, but I didn't have to set one, and, it "logs me into" it so I can change options.. Maybe someone else can help though. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ive tryed ever pw i could think off..

admin
admin

admin/1234
/admin
admin/
1234/
/
1/1
1/1234
1234/admin
administrator/admin
/administrator..EVERYTHING i tryed..lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
you should reset the router like someone else has said and if that doesnt work go to google and type

"name of router","default password"

and you should get teh defualt password for your model

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry, but w/o enough correct info it is goig to be hard to help

Make and model of router.

Perhaps its time to upgrade and get a new router from a co who has been around awhile.

Dlink, Linksys, Netgear, Belkin

I dont know PS2. but sound is sound. If it worked before, it should work now. Has anything changed to the machine itself.
Did you add anything new to your computer system or your network?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im a moderator on the S3 forums blind. Here is the solution

1) reset the router and find the password online like they told you to.

or

2) buy a new router. (I recomend linksys)

PROCEED AFTER COMPLETING THESE STEPS

1) Acceces the router options
2) Look at the range of possible ip's you have set (write down an ip number that is not in use but in that range)
3)Find your routers settings for DMZ
4) ENABLE the DMZ to the ip address that you selected in step 2 of this section
5)Locate the status page under your routers settings and record the two DNS numbers down..(make sure you know which one is primary and secondary)
6) Write down the ip of the default gateway under the status tab

You should now have a piece of paper with an ip adress that is in your routers range, DMZ enabled for that ip, the two DNS Servers written down, and the ip of the default gateway

PROCEED AFTER COMPLETING THESE STEPS

1)Edit your network configuration file in the PS2 through Socom 3
2) Set the IP adress to manual NOT automatic
3)Enter the requested information (The numbers that you wrote down)
4)Set the DNS to manual NOT automatic
5)Enter the requested information (The numbers that you wrote down)
6)Save the settings and test the connection

There are alot of steps and it is confusing. If you want you can email at [email protected] to arrange a meeting on AIM or MSN or Skype so i can guide you through this. This happened to me and was very frustrating but i eventually got it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.