Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, later my computer has been lagging a lot when running multiple programs. I used to be able to run lots of things at once, but when I run winamp and open a program now, the music lags, becomes choppy, stops for periods of times, until the other program is finally up.

When I play games (i.e. counterstrike) consistently every 2 or 3 seconds I get a spike (not from ping, but for computer lag). I have little idea of what could be the problem (maybe a virus scanner constantly running in the background?) Again, it didn't used to do this. It started about a month ago, and I don't know how to fix it. Please help.

-------------------------------
I posted this in another thread - they told me to post here

My computer used to be fine, but lately it's been lagging for unknown reasons. The first instance I realized this is when I was playing counterstrike and every couple seconds, my screen would skip. Like a lag spike every few seconds. The intervals between spikes were always consistent and would last quite a while (at least 10 minutes, if I even played that long because of the spiking).

I kind of guessed the reason to this is that something was running in the background, like a virus scan, but I haven't been able to find out if there is anything like that. Then I started to notice every time I play music with winamp, and then I open something else (internet explorer, dc++, photoshop, anything that takes a somewhat good amount of cpu usage) my music would start to skip and lag too. I don't know if these two problems are connected, but I used to be able to play music and open files (play games) at the same time fine.

So then I looked at the task manager and looked at the cpu usage %'s and everytime I open one of those "big" programs, the cpu usage % spikes to like 80 - 100% until it's opened.

I have no idea what's going on with my computer, I've been trying to fix it with spyware/adaware stuff, but they come out clean.

Please help?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:43:29 AM, on 10/17/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Desktop Calendar\Desktop Calendar.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\dp\Desktop\cleaning\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeadAIM] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\\vptray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Desktop Calendar] C:\Program Files\Desktop Calendar\Desktop Calendar.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -silent
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/eBay_Enhanced_Picture_Control_v1-0-3-30.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: IS Service (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SecurePort (SymSecurePort) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
Hi psicoazn, welcome to TSF

You log appears to be clean so lets do a little digging to see if anything is lurking.

Download SilentRunners.vbs - Right click & choose Save As... SilentRunners.vbs

Before proceeding, disable any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs that may block/disable scripts
Double-click SilentRunners.vbs to run it. This will take a few minutes.
When it's done, you'll receive the prompt "All Done!". It will create a file called "Startup Programs". Post ALL its contents here in your next reply.

Download StartDreck

Unzip to its own folder and start the program:
Press 'Config'
Press 'mark all'

Uncheck the following boxes only:
System/Running Process -> List Modules
System/Drivers -> NT Services
System/Drivers -> NT Kernel- and FS-drivers
Press 'OK'

Press 'Save' and select the location to save the log file (default is the same folder as the application)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the log for the Silent Runners thing - I also included the StartDreck log too just in case.

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 41, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Desktop Calendar" = "C:\Program Files\Desktop Calendar\Desktop Calendar.exe" ["Home"]
"Steam" = "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -silent" ["Valve Corporation"]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Jet Detection" = ""C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"" [empty string]
"ccApp" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"WINDVDPatch" = "CTHELPER.EXE" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
"UpdReg" = "C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE" ["Creative Technology Ltd."]
"NeroFilterCheck" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe" ["Ahead Software Gmbh"]
"ATIPTA" = ""C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"" ["ATI Technologies, Inc."]
"DeadAIM" = "rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs" [MS]
"SunJavaUpdateSched" = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
"Logitech Utility" = "Logi_MwX.Exe" ["Logitech Inc."]
"vptray" = "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\\vptray.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHlprObj Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}" = "WinRAR shell extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]
"{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C}" = "LDVP Shell Extensions"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SSC\vpshell2.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"{EDB0E980-90BD-11D4-8599-0008C7D3B6F8}" = "Eudora's Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\EuShlExt.dll" ["Qualcomm Inc."]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\
INFECTION WARNING! "{EDB0E980-90BD-11D4-8599-0008C7D3B6F8}" = "Eudora's Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\EuShlExt.dll" ["Qualcomm Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
INFECTION WARNING! AtiExtEvent\DLLName = "Ati2evxx.dll" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
LDVPMenu\(Default) = "{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SSC\vpshell2.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
WinRAR\(Default) = "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
LDVPMenu\(Default) = "{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C}"

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\dp\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Enabled Screen Saver:
---------------------

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"SCRNSAVE.EXE" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ssmypics.scr" [MS]

Startup items in "dp" & "All Users" startup folders:
----------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Adobe Gamma Loader" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launch" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 11
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ati HotKey Poller, Ati HotKey Poller, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]
IS Service, ISSVC, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec AntiVirus, Symantec AntiVirus, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher, DefWatch, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Event Manager, ccEvtMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Network Drivers Service, SNDSrvc, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Network Proxy, ccProxy, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec SecurePort, SymSecurePort, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Settings Manager, ccSetMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]

----------
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
DLL launch points and all Registry CLSIDs for dormant Explorer Bars,
use the -supp parameter or answer "No" at the first message box.
---------- (total run time: 52 seconds, including 18 seconds for message boxes)

------
StartDreck
------

StartDreck (build 2.1.7 public stable) - 2005-10-18 @ 14:18:27 (GMT -05:00)
Platform: Windows XP (Win NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2)
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Logged in as dp at DAVID

»Registry
»Run Keys
»Current User
»Run
*Desktop Calendar=C:\Program Files\Desktop Calendar\Desktop Calendar.exe
*Steam=C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -silent
»RunOnce
»Default User
»Run
»RunOnce
»Local Machine
»Run
*Jet Detection="C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
*ccApp="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
*WINDVDPatch=CTHELPER.EXE
*UpdReg=C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
*NeroFilterCheck=C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
*ATIPTA="C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
*DeadAIM=rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
*SunJavaUpdateSched=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
*Logitech Utility=Logi_MwX.Exe
*vptray=C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\\vptray.exe
+OptionalComponents
+MSFS
*Installed=1
+MAPI
*Installed=1
*NoChange=1
+MAPI
*Installed=1
*NoChange=1
»RunOnce
»RunServices
»RunServicesOnce
»RunOnceEx
»RunServicesOnceEx
»File Associations (CR)
+.bat
*batfile="%1" %*
+.com
*comfile="%1" %*
+.disabled
*SpybotSD.DisabledFile="C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\blindman.exe" "%1"
+.exe
*exefile="%1" %*
+.hta
*htafile=C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshta.exe "%1" %*
+.htm
*htmlfile="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
+.html
*htmlfile="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
+.js
*JSFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
+.jse
*JSEFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
+.pif
*piffile="%1" %*
+.reg
*regfile=regedit.exe "%1"
+.scr
*scrfile="%1" /s
+.txt
*txtfile=%SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1
+.vbs
*VBSFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
+.vbe
*VBEFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
+.wsh
*WSHFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
+.wsf
*WSFFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
+.lnk
`lnkfile= [key or value does not exist]
»Active Setup (LM)
+Internet Explorer/>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}
*StubPath=%systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigIE
+Browser Customizations/>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}MICROS
*StubPath=RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP
+Outlook Express/>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}
*StubPath=%systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE
+Themes Setup/{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}
*StubPath=%SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll
+Microsoft Outlook Express 6/{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
*StubPath="%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install
+NetMeeting 3.01/{44BBA842-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015B}
*StubPath=rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Install.PerUser.NT
+Internet Explorer/{4b218e3e-bc98-4770-93d3-2731b9329278}
*StubPath=%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection MarketplaceLinkInstall 896 %systemroot%\inf\ie.inf
+Windows Messenger 4.7/{5945c046-1e7d-11d1-bc44-00c04fd912be}
*StubPath=rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.QuietInstall.PerUser
+Microsoft Windows Media Player/{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}
*StubPath=rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp.inf,PerUserStub
+Address Book 6/{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}
*StubPath="%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install
+Windows Desktop Update/{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}
*StubPath=regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll
+Internet Explorer 6/{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
*StubPath=%SystemRoot%\system32\ie4uinit.exe
»Browser Helper Objects (LM)
*AcroIEHelper.AcroIEHlprObj.1/{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
`InprocServer32=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
*{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}
`InprocServer32=C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
»Internet Explorer
»Current User
*Local Page=C:\WINDOWS\system32\blank.htm
*Search Page=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
*Start Page=http://www.google.com/
+SearchUrl
*provider=
»Default User
»Local Machine
*Default_Page_URL=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome
*Default_Search_URL=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
*Local Page=%SystemRoot%\system32\blank.htm
*Search Page=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
*Start Page=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd={SUB_PRD}&clcid={SUB_CLSID}&pver={SUB_PVER}&ar=home
*CustomizeSearch=http://ie.search.msn.com/{SUB_RFC1766}/srchasst/srchcust.htm
*SearchAssistant=http://ie.search.msn.com/{SUB_RFC1766}/srchasst/srchasst.htm
»ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad (LM)
*PostBootReminder={7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9}
`InprocServer32=%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
*CDBurn={fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}
`InprocServer32=%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
*WebCheck={E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}
`InprocServer32=%SystemRoot%\System32\webcheck.dll
*SysTray={35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153}
`InprocServer32=C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll
»Special NT Values
»Current User
*Load=
*Run=
*Programs=com exe bat pif cmd
*SHELL=
»Default User
*Load=
*Run=
*Programs=com exe bat pif cmd
*SHELL=
»Local Machine
*AppInit_DLLs=
*SHELL=Explorer.exe
*Userinit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
»Files
»Autostart Folders
»Current User
*C:\Documents and Settings\dp\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
»Default User
*C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
»Local Machine
*C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk
*C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
*C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
*C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office.lnk
»INI-Files
»WIN.INI\[windows]
*LOAD=
*RUN=
»SYSTEM.INI\[boot]
*SHELL=Explorer.exe
»Text Files
*C:\boot.ini
`[boot loader]
`timeout=30
`default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
`[operating systems]
`multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
*C:\msdos.sys
*C:\config.sys
*C:\WINDOWS\system32\config.nt
`dos=high, umb
`device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
`files=40
*C:\autoexec.bat
*C:\WINDOWS\system32\autoexec.nt
`@echo off
`lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe
`lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir
`lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx
`SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3
*C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
`127.0.0.1 localhost
»Program Files
*C:\ntldr
*C:\ntdetect.com
*C:\io.sys
*C:\WINDOWS\system32\win.com
*C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
»%PATH% Companion Files
+C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
*C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
+C:\WINDOWS\system32\slrundll.exe
*C:\WINDOWS\slrundll.exe
+C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskman.exe
*C:\WINDOWS\TASKMAN.EXE
+C:\WINDOWS\system32\winhlp32.exe
*C:\WINDOWS\winhlp32.exe
»System/Drivers
»Running Processes
+0=<idle>
+4=<system>
+532=\SystemRoot\System32\smss.exe
+588=\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
+612=\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
+656=C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
+668=C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
+816=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
+832=C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
+892=C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
+976=C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
+1092=C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
+1224=C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
+1344=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
+1464=C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
+1668=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
+1708=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
+1720=C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe
+1732=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
+1780=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
+192=C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
+480=C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
+632=C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
+1220=C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe
+2096=C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
+2172=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
+2212=C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
+2324=C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
+2364=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
+2416=C:\Program Files\Desktop Calendar\Desktop Calendar.exe
+2520=C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
+3796=C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
+792=C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
+744=C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
+752=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
+1444=C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
+3928=C:\Documents and Settings\dp\Desktop\StartDreck\StartDreck.exe
»VMM32Files (LM)
»%System%\VMM32
»%System%\IOSUBSYS
»Application specific
»MS Office 97/8.0 STARTUP-PATH
»Current User
»Default User
»Local Machine
»ICQ NetDetect
»Current User
»Default User

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
Hi there psicoazn

Your system is clean. You have no malware in your log so it may be a hardware problem such as faulty RAM or insufficient hard disk space. Can you please provide us with your system specifications

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
1.21 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

2 Hard Drives :
1st : 40 GB / 12.2 GB used / 25.0 GB free
2nd : 120 GB / 48.2 GB used / 63.5 GB free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.