Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since changing the cyan cartridge, my printer is printing in the pinkish spectrum. Photos that have a lot of blue or green, print out pinkish. I have gone through the cleaning and deep cleaning fixes and the printer still prints pinkish.

Any other suggestions out there? Is there something stupid that I am forgetting? Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Remove your ink tanks and place where they won't leak onto anything. Remove your printhead and place in warm water to soak for several hours. Remove from the water and place on a clean dry paper towel and allow the head to air dry 100%. Don't wipe it or touch the print surfaces. Only handle it by the plastic housing. Once the unit is dry, re-install it in your printer and install the ink tanks. Give it a try by running a test page. Dried ink will clog the printhead and sometimes will not be cleared during an "in printer" style cleaning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Could you tell me how to remove the print head....Not sure how to do that.....Afraid I would break the printer....I am somewhat technology challenged...Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On MOST printers you need to remove the ink tanks and then lift the handle or lever on the side of the print head. This will release it from the machine. Be careful not to rub the circuit board. Only pat it dry or soak up the ink. But do not rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.