Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pioneer Elite Plasma Pro-810 HD 42 inch TV, a link to the manual is below. We just cancelled Comcast because we were paying through the roof for things we didn't even use. Regardless, I should be able to hook up broadcast TV from an antenna or a coaxial cord from the wall to catch the weekly football game, right? Wrong. The TV does not have coaxial inputs of any kind. So I went to Radio Shack and bought a RF modulator to take the coaxial and turn it into RCA, but then I found out my TV doesn't even have RCA ports, you can read the manual but I believe it has BNC ports or something. This is driving me nuts. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p.../143582069PRO810HD OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a Pioneer Elite Plasma Pro-810 HD 42 inch TV, a link to the manual is below. We just cancelled Comcast because we were paying through the roof for things we didn't even use. Regardless, I should be able to hook up broadcast TV from an antenna or a coaxial cord from the wall to catch the weekly football game, right? Wrong. The TV does not have coaxial inputs of any kind. So I went to Radio Shack and bought a RF modulator to take the coaxial and turn it into RCA, but then I found out my TV doesn't even have RCA ports, you can read the manual but I believe it has BNC ports or something. This is driving me nuts. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p.../143582069PRO810HD OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,861 Posts
There isn't a coaxial input because that TV does not have a tuner. You need an external device to tune the channels, and then feed the audio/video into the display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.