Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to set Pidgin to only allow notifications on the workspace that it's currently on? I'm using two virtual desktops with Compiz, and one of them is occupied by a fullscreen virtual machine running Windows 7. I'd like to run Pidgin in the background on the Linux screen, but I don't want it bothering me when I'm using Windows. I'd also like new IM windows to pop up only on the Linux workspace, if possible, even when I'm on the other one.

·
Manager, - Alternative Computing, - Design
6,530 Posts
Hi,

Let me see if I understand this. You have two VM's running at the same time. One is a linux vm and the other is a windows vm? You want pidgin to run in the background and only only give you notifications when you are using the vm with pidgin running? I will have to do some research on this one.

Cheers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no, Linux is my host. I'm running the Windows VM in fullscreen mode on my second virtual desktop (using Compiz). I want Linux notifications to be disabled when I have the Windows VM focused. Right now, even though the VM is in fullscreen mode, NotifyOSD still shows up over it, causing flickering.

·
Emeritus
1,131 Posts
I'll need to look into the features of Compiz, but some information would be helpful. What version that are you using? What desktop environment are you using it with (KDE, Gnome, etc.)?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using Jolicloud, which is a Jaunty-based distro. It uses the Ubuntu Netbook Remix environment which uses GNOME. Compiz is at version 0.8.2.

All I need to do is disable Pidgin windows and notifications from showing on workspace 2. And the even the windows are tolerable, since I set the VM to always be on top of all other windows. It's the notifications that are getting to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.