Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how to explain this, but when I first turn on the computer, before I sign in to windows, I get several pictures that look like screenshots. These are mostly games that I have played last year. Some are games my husband played, but he passed 7 years ago. Computer savvy friends, say they have no idea what is going on. Since this happens prior to my windows sign in, I am not sure if I can do a screenshot or not.
If I turn on the computer and walk away, there are several of these that show up. Maybe as many as 10.
I use Chrome, Duck Duck Go and I have run my Avast virus screen, and it shows nothing. I have tried to roll back the computer, but this has been going on for over 3 months and the point I can back up is only a few days old.
I usually click on the screen, and they go away, but it is driving me up a tree.
Why is this happening? Where are these "screenshots" coming from?
I am not computer savvy so I really don't know what to do about this.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your husband may have had an image loaded for the desktop as a slide show, or part of a Theme. It may be still enabled, even though you have chose a different image for the desktop.
Wallpaper reverts to old image before loading
Sorry but my husband never saved anything to the desktop. Mostly what shows up is a bingo game I played. I have not played it for over a year. Several images come up. Some from my family photos, some from the games. Games from different sites is what else shows up. I have gone through most of the things I have saved and these are not saved anywhere that I can find. It is very random. I can't figure out what is going on.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,607 Posts
I am not talking about saving something to the desktop, I am talking about setting a background image to be the Wallpaper on the desktop or using s Slide Show as a rotating image from pictures on the Hard Drive, usually from your Husbands User Profile (ie) C:\Users\HisProfileName\Pictures Folder. Or C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
The link in post #3 explains it a little better.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not talking about saving something to the desktop, I am talking about setting a background image to be the Wallpaper on the desktop or using s Slide Show as a rotating image from pictures on the Hard Drive, usually from your Husbands User Profile (ie) C:\Users\HisProfileName\Pictures Folder. Or C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
The link in post #3 explains it a little better.
Sorry, I just don't know that much about computers. I have my desktop photos only set as a slide show. After I log in to windows, I can see these family photos. This file is the only one that has rotating photos.
When I turn on the computer before I log in, this is when these game images come up. I have no Idea where they are coming from. I have gone through several files looking to see if they were somehow saved to the computer and I don't see them. My husband's death certificate was one of the last ones that came up. I do have this saved in my useful info file, but there are no game images in that file.

· Registered
5,922 Posts
Sorry, I just don't know that much about computers. When I turn on the computer before I log in, this is when these game images come up. I have no Idea where they are coming from. I have gone through several files looking to
The previous info I posted probably was too complex then.

Right-click on your desktop. Choose Personalize. Go to Lock Screen. Scroll down and move the slider at "Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen" to the off position. That should turn off all images before Windows starts.

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Brand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts