Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a peugeot 106 xn k reg 1992 954cc.
im having trouble with it. it drive's fine 99% of the time but some times when going round a corner or couple of seconds after going round a corner the engine cuts out . im in the right gears and ther is normaly atleast half a tank of petrol . it's done this a few times going round round abouts and caused a bit of trouble as you can guess car's stoping on busy round abouts don't help anyone :4-dontkno . i have checked the carb for dirt and so on but is clean and all parts working fine :rolleyes: . anyone help or have any idears would be great . :sayyes:
i have got a new battery and all electrics are working fine and all fixed to where they ment to be fixed.
cleaned the fuel lines.

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
It sounds like the float in the carberator is not properly adjusted.
It is not allowing enough fuel into the float bowl,and as a result the jets starve for fuel as what little gas is in the bowl moves to the side away from the jets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks leroys1000

is there a way i can fix it my self :rolleyes: leroys1000? do you know anywhere on the web with diagrams? :cool:

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
If you handy with small parts,you might go to your local auto parts
store and see if you can get a carberator rebuild kit.
It will have instructions on how to adjust everything and
they are not usually too expensive.
Probably wouldn.t hurt to rebuild and clean it.
Just make sure you know where all the parts come out,so you can
get everything back in the right place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Not to sound all doom and gloom but I have a 106 that has this exact same problem. I have been trying unsuccessfully for 3 years to get it fixed but the problem is difficult to demonstrate in a garage. Besides mechanics have tried everything they can think of (including mechanics at more than one Peugeot dealership) to fix it, to no avail.

I also saw a report on watchdog about it (yes my life IS that exciting), they found that this is a common problem with 106's and none of the people on the show could get the problem fixed...........I know this doesn't help but just thought I'd share the depondency ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks m8

got a new engine in now so not getting the problem no more but now i have another problem witch is doing my head in.
my petrol gage has died on me its stopped working last friday for no reason and can't figure out why its died.
iv tryed the fuses and traced the wires from the tank to the dash and are fine. anyone any idears would be good :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.