Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certain folders and files on my HD when trying to rename or delete, pop a box stating I do not have permission to do this. I am running as administrator. This is a personal computer used only by me.

How in the devil do I get permission?? I need to get rid of a few things. Uninstaller does not do it either.

SYSTEM SPECS

Intel Core 22 Quad core processor Q6600 (2.4Ghz,1066FSB) 8MB cache
3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667Mhz
256MB NVIDA GeForce 8600GT-DDR3
500GB Serial ATA II Hard drive @7200RPM
Vista Home Premium 32 bit
X-Fi Soundblaster

Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the "Take Ownership" software installed. Have had it for some time and it has worked fine in most instances. For this particular folder and files it does run but I still am locked out of deleting the files/folders.

The folder in question is Widcomm/Blue tooth software. I purchased a new USB adapter after the original died. In trying to install the new one it does not install, stating there is already BT software installed. A call to Widcomm tech support got the response that it must be my system as there could be nothing wrong with their stuff! In asking for help to get it installed I was told it was my problem, not theirs....nice folks!! If I can delete the old software I can perhaps install the new?? The problem is it will not delete as per the original post I made.

Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, A combination of those two worked! Revo removed all the registry items but not the folder/files. unlocker got rid of the folder! Great!!

Now, another problem has shown it's ugly eye. It seems Windows installer is corrupt:upset: I have tried to download and reinstall it from the Microsoft site but either the version I try is not for Vista or I get a pop up stating not enough space is available to install it. Kind of dumb as there is over 150 gig still available on the hard drive!

I guess I'll start a new post for that problem :rolleyes:

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.