Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am trying to find out what an average temperature for a Intel Pentium 4 Processor should be. According to Everest Pro My Motherboard (Intel Bonanza) 35°C (95°F) and the CPU 45 °C (113 °F), but when I encode video or run a scan my CPU goes to about 52°C (125°F) . I am not sure if this is normal or not. Any info will be appreciated?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit
1,584 Posts
Those temps are acceptable for a pentium. Mine runs in the low 30's and with a load in the mid 40's but it is also very loud.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i like temps around 45-55 myself.
(of course cooler is always better, but if it's 45-55, no worries)

the p4 will clock down at a certain temp, so it's not a good idea to go above 65 or it may begin to throttle.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

Without going into great detail, what you are seeing is normal temperatures. We usually see the at-rest temps from 35c to 42c, and under stress in the 50s centigrade range. I would be very concerned if your stress temp exceeded 63c, but your CPU is equipped to handle even above that. If it gets above that, you need to look at cooling applications to address the issue. Hope this helps.

Addendum: Again, I am the slowest typist of this group and I am still typing while super and walt post. Anyhow, we all said about the same thing in different terms. Have a great day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.